Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hello, World!

My first post - how exciting! When the new year had just started, I decided to start with the 52 Weeks of Organizing challenge by OrgJunkie. It's a year late, but I really liked the idea of the challenge and as such, took it up anyway!









For the first four weeks, I have already filled in a list with projects. As I wanted to start with something simple, I decided to go for one of our bedroom closets and the desk drawer this week.

Both of these were not too badly cluttered, but I was still annoyed by it. I cleaned off the shelves in the closet one by one, sorting and purging the things I no longer needed. As you can see, there were baskets already in the closet, but most of my things ended up outside them. One or two things were over their expiry date. I gladly tossed those. While I was working, I ended up sorting out the medicine basket as well. No more digging up the paracetamol from under a bunch of empty cartons.


Before and after decluttering.






















I unfortunately don't have a picture of the desk drawer before I re-organized it. There was more junk in it and everything was just lying around. I bought the two baskets at a shop called Xenos. It's Dutch and it has a large assortment of various things. To keep the baskets from moving everytime I open the drawer, I placed a bit of blu-tack at the corners. Now, when I need something from the drawer, I know where it is!













That's it for the first week. Coming up for next week: a redo of the mantlepiece in the kitchen.








No comments:

Post a Comment