This weeks post on OrgJunkie was centered around piles - and piles there were in the 'entertainment closet' that we re-organized! My apologies for posting too late. I was swamped in exams!
It was cluttered with all kinds of things just dumped on top of each other. I made a nice before and after picture - look at the difference!
I tilted the CD-holders so they're a bit more stable now. When I placed everything in neat stacks, there was quite a lot of space left, so I moved some collector's boxes from games to this closet.
I had two large black boxes of which one stood in this closet. They were both filled to the brim with all kinds of stuff and paperwork - two big, semi-contained piles! We cleared them out and threw away a lot and then moved the boxes away as well. It's not very well visible, but they were falling apart and I had already used duct-tape to keep them together a year ago.
We bought new boxes, of which one (which contains the instruction manuals), can be seen at the right. All the boxes are cardboard, and they're from Ikea (the Kassett series). They're pretty cheap and I like their look.
The box with the blue lid contains our miscellaneous cables. We simply sorted them out again and moved a few that we don't use anymore to the second-hand-shop.
The closet holds one new addition I already like a lot - a small basket which holds our many-used adapters. There are quite a bit of baskets in our house that hold various pieces of clutter-that-isn't-really clutter. The second-hand-shop in town is a great source for baskets. They usually have a pretty large amount of them.
I'm very happy with what I did this week. The closet is usually open, as we'd have to take the paper out of the printer each time we'd like to close it. Now it's much easier on the eyes. The big challenge has just started though: keeping it this way!